Dr. Roa Altaweli, Chairperson
Roa Altaweli is a Saudi Arabian registered Consultant Midwife from Jeddah, holding a BSc in Nursing from king Abdulaziz University in Jeddah. After obtaining a Postgraduate Diploma in Midwifery from Bahrain, she was appointed as a midwife at the National Guard hospital in Jeddah and then a teaching assistant at Dar Al Hekma University in Jeddah. Roa pursued a more academic routeby achieving a Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Practice of Midwifery from Kings CollegeLondon and MSc and PhD in Midwifery from City University London. She was the first midwife from Saudi Arabia to obtain a PhD in Midwifery. When she returned to SaudiArabia, she worked as a part-time Assistant Professor at KingAbdulaziz University Jeddah at the Maternity and Child Nursing Department and then joined the ministry of Health (MOH) East Jeddah Hospital as Clinical Nursing Director for Obstetrics and gynaecology Department. She participated in the opening of the OBGYNE services and opened the Midwife clinic in East Jeddah Hospital.
Samia Alzahrani, Vice Chairperson
Senior Specialist Midwifery MSc in Midwifery from King Saud University
Supervisor of performance development of midwives in the ministry of health, Member of the Board of Directors of Alumni Association in Saudi commission health specialties.
Project manager for guidebook of midwifery in the ministry of health Examiner in the evaluation of midwifery in Saudi commission health specialties.
Certified item author as Saudi commission for health specialties standards.
Ibtesam Jahlan, Treasurer :
* Dr. Ibtesam Jahlan is a Saudi registered senior midwife, who is the 2nd Saudi Midwife who obtained a PhD in midwifery.
* She is an assistant professor and the vice chairperson for the maternal and child health nursing department at, college of Nursing, King Saud University.
* Dr.Ibtesam Jahlan is the chairperson for the post-graduate diploma of midwifery at Saudi Commission of health specialists (SCFHS).
* She is an accredited evaluator at SCFHS.
Houda Hammami, Secretory General:
* She is a Tunisian Midwife from ESSTSM university graduated.
* Amani childbirth educator & doula.
* A member of breastfeeding committee as instructor.
* A part of mother- baby journey hospital
* Currently, she works in King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz university as a team leader midwife.
Dr. Nawal Abdulghani, Head of Scientific Committee
Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Nursing, Umm Al-Qura University. She holds a Bachelor of Nursing Science from King Abdul-Aziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Nawal pursued her postgraduate studies in Australia and obtained a Master of Clinical Midwifery from Monash University, Melbourne. She completed her Ph.D. in Midwifery at Judith Lumley Centre, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia.
Mona Bukhari, Head of Media and Public Relations:
* Mona Bukhary is a Saudi registered midwife.
* Midwife specialist graduated with diploma degree in midwifery.
* A midwife used to work in Makkah.
* She is the supervisor of midwifery profession regulation unit of midwifery department at MOH.
Fatimaezzahra Aaynealhayat, International Relations Coordinator:
* Fatimaezzahra is a senior midwife graduated from Morocco in 2005.
* She is an ALSO Instructor, Breastfeeding Instructor, Childbirth Educator & Doula.
* Fatimaezzahra is currently part of a management team, and advisory committee at Physionatal Center, Riyadh.
Sub-Members of Scientific Committee
Arona Ahmed Celine Eves
Gillian Sedgewick Mada Awam Patti Paine
FOUNDING SAUDI MIDWIFERY
Branch of SSOG
Saudi Midwifery Group (SMG) was founded on August 1, 2015 and officially recognised as a branch of the Saudi Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology on September 10, 2015. We are grateful to the leaders of the SSOG for recognising midwifery as an autonomous peer profession and supporting the development of midwifery in Saudi Arabia. Our founding Board Members are volunteers with a vision for autonomous midwifery practice and establishing a culture of midwifery led care for healthy women in Saudi Arabia.
Previous Members الاعضاء السابقين
Aisha Al Hajjar International Relations Coordinator 2015-2018
Elizabeth Clarke Secretary General 2015-2016
Gillian Sedgewick Secretary General 2016-2017
Manal Felmban Head of Media and Public Relations 2015-2016
Shirley Naidoo Treasurer 2015-2017
Sara Shamahm Scientific Sub-Committee Member 2015-2017
Franka Cadée International Advisory Board Member 2015-2017
Christina Sora Scientific Sub-Committee Member 2015-2017
Dr. Ahlam Alzahrani Chairperson 2015-2017
Prof. Lesley Page International Advisory Board Member 2015-2017
Prof. Christine McCourt International Advisory Board Member 2015-2017